.

.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tender Mercies

Today has been a less than ideal day. For the past month and a half I have had this pain on the top of my foot, already had this pain that went away, I waited and waited for the pain to go away. To my dismay the pain got worse and my foot began to swell. Last week I had an x-ray of my foot, and finally saw the podiatrist this morning. I sat down in the chair and he started to mumble some mumbo jumbo, and I said: wait, what's wrong? Yeah apparently this piece of my navicular bone is just chilling detached on the top of my foot. 
The doctor asked me what I did, and I said: Nothing, I'm not an athlete, heck, I'm lazy!  In a matter of minutes he gave me my options: 1) get orthotics and hope they do the trick (so just treat the symptoms), 2) have surgery and take the sucker out. I was at first relieved that there was something fixable wrong with my foot, but then the realization of the dilemma hit me. Do I just get the orthotics and hope they do the trick, and risk having problems on my mission and possibly get sent home? Or do I suck it up and get the surgery? After rolling my eyes, and mentally throwing myself on the ground having a tantrum, I made the appointment to have the surgery. OH are you wondering how I did this? The only thing I can attribute to this (as it takes a lot of force) is 7 some years ago- I had a horse come over on top of me and land on my ankle/foot. I must have recently torqued it just the right way to have it start hurting and bothering me so much. So today suddenly turned into a very stressful day. 

Now for the tender mercies part :) 
At about 11 I got a text from a Mary Seamons who is leaving on her mission asking me if I was going to lunch with her and some friends......to Cafe Rio...OF COURSE I WAS GOING! T'was a lovely chat and met some awesome new people. Helped me keep remember how much I want to serve a mission. The second mercy was when I was in the doctors office getting molds of my feet done- the lady there was so awesome! She was so excited for me, and that I was going on a mission. She gave me so much reassurance that I was doing the right thing, and though this is a bit of a set back- I can do it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment