.

.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Le stylo là, et le stylo là....

I've been meaning to do a blog post for weeks- literally- weeks, and I just haven't found the time to sit down and do it- so it has come to this....I am sitting in French class learning about "Le stilo là, et le stylo là. Who cares where the pen really is? Perhaps one day I will find myself in France and actually need to ask someone where my pen is...but I don't see that coming in the near future. Plus we are also trying to decipher an essay by Montaigne, but since I already studied in detail (all in English) this essay in Humanities last week- I can just add in my deep insightful thoughts sporadically....and seem like I'm brilliant.
Now there seems like I was going to make a big announcement....Oh yes...I"M GOING ON A MISSION TO TORONTO, CANADA! I leave May 8th, and I can't wait! It was a surreal feeling opening my call. It was rather torturous as I worked all day, then went to class from 4-7...knowing that my call was just sitting at home waiting for me. It was especially difficult to pay attention in my Book of Mormon class. As I sat in class the thought came to me that I was staying in Canada. I ran home and guessed I was going to Montreal. Though I'm not going to Montreal (which is a relief ;)) I was pretty dang close in my guess! I am so excited!
Since I'm going to be serving the Lord for a year and a half I figure I better live up looking like a hobo now, because I won't be at liberty to do that pretty soon.
Life has been the busiest it has ever been here at school. I kept telling myself that I would take it easy this semester...haha...that was wishful thinking!  Though things are absolutely crazy and cramped, I have been so blessed to be able to handle it all, and for the most part, to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment