.

.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Little Couch Talk

Alright...I've taken up residency on our couch. I haven't been feeling so good and so I have been taking it easy. The weekend has involved lots of redbox, lots of coke, and lots of sleep...and one football game.
For the past while I have had this complex that I hate sports. Watching sports that is. As well as the talk that comes along with sports..what should have happened...what could have happened had he only ran faster..had he caught the ball...had he not been flagged...how the refs sucked...etc. Well as I was watching this football game I realized...I love it. I love the cheering and getting excited. I love screaming at the players on the field -  even though they can't hear me. I love the anticipation of not knowing who is going to win. It is fantastic...BUT...now there is a big but! After the game...I give them five minutes..even ten... to rehash every bad move in the game...but then it is done. We move on...and life goes on...and football will go on...and if that's how it worked...I could really love football.

No comments:

Post a Comment